How do you know you have too many blue polishes (and that blue is so painfully obvious a current trend)? When you have more than enough of them to do a blue ombre manicure.
Here's what I have on each finger:
- Thumb: Le Métier de Beauté Mint Bliss
- Index: Essie Turquoise and Caicos
- Middle: China Glaze For Audrey
- Ring: Le Métier de Beauté Bon Voyage
- Little: Le Métier de Beauté Aurora (from the Northern Lights collection)
I didn't purchase Le Métier de Beauté Aurora (I applied this at the counter) because I find it just a hair's breadth away from Bon Voyage. The latter is a true blue while Aurora has just a teensy drop of yellow in it. They're not exactly the same, but they're close enough that I know I wouldn't regret missing out on Aurora.
After this manicure, I made myself promise not to purchase another blue polish until leaves start falling again. My stash needs colors from the other side of the wheel!